Monday, June 10, 2013

In the black of memory.
Takes me back,
Knowing things are lost in the axis.
Bit by bit.
Pushed forward.
Against our will.
Don't we wish we had found those mountains.
That we saw them rise and fall in our eyes.
Got lost in the crumbling rocks.
Even this song keeps and keeps and keeps beating
When there was no beat I felt it still.
I clawed at that perception.
We haven't but seen the ephemeral.
We are tricked and tortured,
It's a moment right here.
I saw the moment.
I was lost in the moment.
That moment freezes and the rocks try to crumble.
The beat in this song keeps beating, but the rocks can't crumble.
His face, lost in time.
When the days lengthen and go on and on and on and on
Feel his gaze crumbled.
This moment is long frozen and past and beaten onward.
The jittered halted space in his gaze.
It's got a meaning when the mountains won't crumble,
And the pen slows its caress of the page.
I think I could see a time beyond these mountains.
And I can't tell if it meant more or less than this faltered awareness.


Please hold me close,
And let the time flow without us,
I want these currents to keep us here forever,
In the eddies where we'll never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment